It’s possible having many websites hosted within single account. For example we have this Hostmonster review site with them and beside that we also add another domain here which is a web directory site. Currently we have 2 websites running from one account. And we can keep adding more and more website. Regardless a .com, .net, .org or what so ever. The add-on process is totally free and at no cost at all.
For those that sign up Hostmonster long time ago and not have the unlimited domain features, just send in an email to support team and request for account upgrade to unlimited hosting. It’s a free upgrade and fair to everyone. Even you signup now, and future upgrade is available. You can do the same and get the free upgrades again.
Each domain is one independent website. The multiple domains environment can be illustrated as diagram below.
For beginner, here is the most popular third party registrar that offering cheap price:
Log in to the control panel, and make changes to the DNS. To do this, change it to the following:
After completed these, wait for domain propagation to complete. This can take up to 48 hours. Next, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel control panel and go to add-on Domains.
- From here, enter the new domain name.
- Give the folder a name.
- And password can be auto generated.
- Once completed the process, the new domain will be ready and it can now host a new website.
This Hostmonster budget web hosting plan includes the latest website builder tools and website templates. There are few ways to get free website templates and here are some of it:
- Free website templates from Trendy site builder tool. Inside this website builder tool, there are web templates to choose from and build website based on the design. This is drag and drop site builder tool and it works.
- Use the Concrete5 free web building material. Create website using this tool and choose from collection of themes.
- Use popular open-source content management application. Wordpress is the most popular choice and it includes thousand of free themes.
- Choose Joomla or Drupal. Each of these apps has thousand of free themes available for free download and available for free to use.
- Or pay one time access fee and get one year access to 7000 website templates. They have website templates, style sheet, Flash templates, PowerPoint templates, and many more.
From this cPanel, you will find the free website templates link. Once clicked, it will bring you to the template website. There are types of web templates and flash templates available. Paid template also available. By paying one time access fee, you can gain access to all web templates, flash templates and PowerPoint templates for free. There is no limit and you can even use it to create your client websites. Yes, they allow you to use the template collection to create client websites and provide it as a web design service of your. Charge fee for your service and you can make some real money from this.
The latest promotion, they are now offering premium website templates and the access fee remain the same. There is no per download fee and there is no monthly fee, just one year access fee.
When your website is up running, this is time to put some effort to secure the site and prevent it from being hacked. Following are the safety tips that works for all web hosting plan generally and can be apply to the all websites. Here are few of the simple steps that can help protect website from getting hack:
- Use strong password for cPanel account, email account, FTP account, MySQL database, and other. Use combination of character, number, upper lower case, symbol etc.
- Use open source PHP scripts like WordPress and keep them updated always.
- Don’t install PHP scripts that are not sure about. It can be not fully tested, or not being supported any longer or it can be with bugs that create opportunity for hacker to get in.
It’s simple as that, three simple things to keep website safe from hacker. If website already gets hacked in previously, make sure you get it clean. We mean totally remove your web files from server, and upload again the PHP content from your local backup drive. Their customer support might be able to help, but securing own website is own responsibility. It’s the same at every shared, VPS or dedicated server. Provider won’t count responsibility for customer website being hacked or damaged by hackers.
Online web file and directory can be accessed by anyone with Internet access. For example anyone can browse the directory and view the files inside, execute PHP files and download any attachment files inside. Its public access, that’s the problem.
In order to protect your web files from public access, you can either use the htaccess to limit the user access to particular directory, or use the simple method of password protection. In order to add password protect existing directories, you need to log in cPanel and get to password protect directories. Choose the directory that you wish to password protected.
Besides using password protection to safeguard your website and online files, you should choose the best file permission setting and allows access to authorized personal only. Prevent Internet group user from accessing your files directory, make changes to files, or execute files, all these are the preventive measure to block hackers or potential site altering. Web hosting account’s “public_html” folder and its files are often set with file permission 755 which prevent public write permission and this block any alteration made by Internet users.
Choose the secure plan and make the right configuration. Password directory help you to add another layer of lock and prevent unauthorized access to your personal or private files in the online web server.